Later this week, I'll be heading to Ottawa, Ontario to attend PGCon 2017 where I'll be delivering a talk entitled Pgcrypto Avasat! A study in Django's password hashers.
If that doesn't get you excited... I don't know what will!
- If you've ever found yourself with a list of hashed passwords and wondered how to crack them, this is the talk for you.
- If you've ever been curious about the PGCRYPTO extension in Postgres, this is the talk for you.
- If you enjoy doing somewhat nefarious things with Python, this is the talk for you.
- If you've ever thought about building custom authentication in Django, this is the talk for you.
- If you've didn't even know that Django has a thing called PASSWORD HASHERS, this is very likely the talk for you.
I'll post the slides and video once all is said and done.
If you'll be at PGCon this year, come find me. I'd love to talk!